This resource is no longer available
Blurring the boundaries: Tying wireless security into your wired LAN
In this webcast, you will learn how to:
- Protect wireless users by combining common remote access security practices with new wireless policy management and host IPS tools;
- Re-use existing network authentication services and user databases to control wireless-borne access;
- Map the same authorization policies and access controls to users, whether they connect to the network via Ethernet or wireless;
- Complement conventional vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection/prevention systems with new wireless IDS/IPS tools; and
- Consolidate event monitoring and reporting through integration with enterprise network management and security event management systems.
SpeakerLisa Phifer President, Core Competence Inc.
Session 3: Diverse Mobile Platforms, Complicated Security
Session 4: Safeguarding Mobile Applications
Lisa Phifer has been involved in the design, implementation, and evaluation of networking, security, and management products for over 25 years. Since joining Core Competence in 1995, she has advised companies large and small regarding security needs, product assessment, and the use of emerging technologies and best practices. Lisa teaches about wireless LANs and mobile device security and management, and has written extensively for numerous publications, such as enterpriseNetworkingPlanet, Information Security Magazine, SearchMobileComputing, SearchSecurity, and more.