Supporting 10 Gigabit Transmissions - When and How?
Supporting 10 gig - when, how and how much?
This webcast details issues surrounding 10 gigabit on both copper and fiber based systems. You'll also learn about the best options for your organization, including:
- UTP Systems, Category 6? Augmented category 6?
- FTP Category 6 Systems - Why screened?
- S/FTP Category 7/Class F systems - what are they and why should I consider them?
- Fiber systems - should I skip copper completely?
This presentation will answer these questions in dollars and cents including the relationship between your active electronics and your infrastructure.
There are some gotchas with the newer cabling systems and some new information that will certainly affect your building, network and infrastructure. These include grounding/bonding, pathways and spaces, maintenance costs and other considerations. Forewarned is forearmed!
Global Network Applications Market Manager,
The Siemon Company
- Siemon Company
- Mar 27, 2006, 14:00 EST (19:00 GMT)